Extension stops working on Chrome

The 1Password extension periodically stops responding for me in Chrome so when I click on the 1P icon in the menu bar on Chrome, nothing happens. No menus or login information pop up. I haven't figured out the precipitating event or the fix, but the extension does start responding again, maybe after reboots? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the extension, but that doesn't solve the problem typically.

Windows 7
Chrome 62.0.3202.94
1Password 4.6.2.626
1Password extension 4.6.12.90

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Win7
Sync Type: None

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @aerodr,

Thank you for reporting this! Let's try to investigate what is going on.

First of all, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your computer, where you have these issues. Here is how:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com. Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• aerodr
    aerodr
    Community Member

Here is the support number I received via email: #KJC-92361-933

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aerodr: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: KJC-92361-933

• elbow
    elbow
    Community Member

Hi there, I started having this same issue - I emailed in the diagnostic report, and the support ID # is #MNT-16268-224. Thanks!!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @elbow,

1Password 4 for Windows is discontinued and it will not work with Chrome 72, due to updated code signature. Check this discussion for more information.

You'd need to either upgrade to 1Password 7 (please note that this is a separate purchase for the owners of 1Password 4), which is being actively developed and has the new signature, or use one of the other supported browsers (such as Brave, Firefox, Opera, etc.).

1Password 7 for Windows supports both standalone licenses and 1Password.com service but the best part about 1Password.com service is that you'll always get the future versions included automatically and access to all 1Password apps as well, no extra costs.

I will be happy to answer any additional questions, if you have them. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.