Trying to get 1Password onto new laptop

Options
agazipura
agazipura
Community Member

I am trying to get 1password onto a new laptop.

When I bought 1password for my desktop, it was a single fee license. I don't have that information any more. And when I attempt to have licenses resent, nothing seems to happen. I've tried using the 2 different email addresses I've been using for the last few years (that I wouldn't have used for the purchase).

Help! Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Have you done any syncing or backups? You don't give us much information that will enable us (users like myself and AgileBits staff) to help.

If you have copies of the data somewhere, you should be able to download 1PW, set it up as "I have used 1Password before" to point it to the data.

With any luck the licence will be brought in with the data.

But note that if your purchase was from the App Store then you wouldn't have a licence, the purchase is tied to your Apple ID.

• agazipura
    agazipura
    Community Member
    Options

I bought it from the app store. So in that case, how do I proceed?

• Ben
    Options

I’ve moved this thread to our Mac forum since it is not about 1Password Membership.

In that case you need to install 1Password while signed into the same Apple ID that you originally used to make the purchase. That may mean uninstalling & reinstalling if you’ve already installed it with a different ID.

From there you’ll need to sync your data with your desktop:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.