Autofill on chrome not working at all

Options

Hi - I recently switched work computers and thought having 1password would make it a seamless process. However, it's been difficult because I can't get the autofill to work on my 1password chrome extension.

On my old computer, I'd go to a website where I have a login saved and there would be a 1pw icon in the login box, which I'd press, select the login I wanted to use and then it would autofill and sign me in.

Now, on my new computer, I go to a website and there is nothing in the login box. I have to click on the extension in the upper right corner, select the website from the dropdown box and then it'll log me in. Sometime that doesn't even work and I have to copy and paste both the username and password to get it to work.

Super frustrating - any help would be much appreciated!

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dalton
    edited December 2017
    Options

Thanks for reaching out to us, @paige_! Based on your description, it sounds like you may have been previously using 1Password X, which allows you to fill directly from the input fields. What you're likely using on your new computer is the 1Password extension, which is only shown in your browser's toolbar.

While 1Password X can be used alongside 1Password for Mac, the 1Password extension should be enough to get the job done. If you'd like to switch to using 1Password X, you may download it here:

1Password X in the Chrome Web Store.

Alternatively, if you'd like to continue using the 1Password extension, you may find using the Cmd-\ shortcut helpful for filling your Login details. If you have any questions, be sure to let us know. :)

ref: KRK-68328-287

• paige_
    paige_
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for your response - just downloaded 1Password X and it started working again just like it used to :)

Are there any downfalls to using 1Password X instead of 1Password extension? Or simply, what is the difference between the two?

Thanks again!

• That's great to hear, @paige_! 1Password X is meant to work independently of 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows, while the 1Password extension relies on a connection with 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows in order to function. Since you primarily use Chrome and have a 1Password account, 1Password X should work just fine for you. :)

• paige_
    paige_
    Community Member
    Options

One last question for you @DaltonD - will 1Password work if I also use the computer and iphone apps? Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@paige_: 1Password X only works in the desktop version of Chrome, but a 1Password.com membership includes all of the apps, so you can use it on your iPhone and Mac/PC as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.