Need help transferring items from Private to a shared vault

This discussion was created from comments split from: Transferring logins from private vault to shared vault.

Comments

• Paint
    Paint
    Community Member

I am just setting our team up on 1password and am having difficulty with a private vault that I made up, I would also like to transfer to a shared vault without redoing the whole thing but when I follow the instruction above I don't see the Move/Copy feature ... only the duplicate or print features are there. Keep in mind I am only on the trial version at the moment.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I am just setting our team up on 1password and am having difficulty with a private vault that I made up,

@Paint: What difficulty are you having with the Private vault?

I would also like to transfer to a shared vault without redoing the whole thing but when I follow the instruction above I don't see the Move/Copy feature ... only the duplicate or print features are there. Keep in mind I am only on the trial version at the moment.

You will need to have the proper permissions in order to write the data to the other vault, and Move also won't work as far as removing the items from your Private vault if your trial is expired — it will be read-only.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say for certain what needs to be done though. Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you using the 1Password app, or the 1Password.com web interface? If you'll tell me more about what you're trying to accomplish, I'm sure I can help. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.