Why was my update from my purchased copy of 1Password 4.4.3 a trial copy of 1Password 6.8.4?

Daniel3723789
Daniel3723789
Community Member

I purchased 1Password 4 ( 4.4.3) from the Mac App store sometime in early December, 2015, and installed it on a MacBook Pro 13 inch (mid 2010 model) around Jan 2, 2016 (time based on a backup to an external hard drive using TimeMachine on Jan 10, 2016). I updated the laptop to Sierra in early September 2017 (eventually to version 10.12.6 by late October 2017). My 1Password 4 stopped "auto fill" of my username and password in the summer of 2016 but started again after I updated the software to V6 (6.8.4) from the AgileBits website in mid October, 2017. I didn't notice that the 1Password update was a "trial version" until I received notices my trial period was running out (and has run out by now). I received a "hand-me-down" MacBook Pro 15 inch (late 2013) with High Sierra V10.13.2 installed. I transferred all my files from the older to the newer MacBook laptops on Nov. 10, 2017 from a new backup using Time Machine. 1Password V6.8.4 transferred to the new laptop without any additional issues.

Since I purchased my original 1Password app, I think my update to V6.8.4 should have been a free update to a regular app and not a trial version. I went back to my first backup of 1Password 4, clicked on "License," and obtained a gold-colored banner labeled "1Password Registration." A 1Password logo was located on the left side of the banner with a link to "about Licenses" under the logo. The text on the right side of the banner stated: "Thank you for supporting 1Password!" and under that "Purchased on the Mac App Store." I can send you a copy of this banner on request. Please advise me on how to convert my expired trial version of 1Password 6 to a working "purchased" version.
dpknievel

1Password Version: 1st V4 2nd V6
Extension Version: 1st 4.4.3 2nd 6.8.4
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Daniel3723789: If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, that isn't valid for the AgileBits Store version. It sounds like you've installed the other version, not the one you bought. But the good news is that your App Store purchase is tied to your Apple ID, so you just need to install it from your purchase history in the Mac App Store and you'll be all set. Cheers! :)

• dreaminjuls
    dreaminjuls
    Community Member

Hi, I also purchased an AgileBits standalone license here and have downloaded 1Password 6 onto my macOS 10.12.6 and 1Password app onto my iOS 11.2.1.

When I go into 1Password 6 on my MacBook, it shows I am in trial period. Will this stop working when the trial period is out, and will I lose all syncing with my iPhone? I can't tell if syncing between phone and laptop is only working because I have the 1Password.com linked. I didn't see the "Sync" option mentioned here on my 1Password 6 Mac application.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hi, I also purchased an AgileBits standalone license here and have downloaded 1Password 6 onto my macOS 10.12.6 and 1Password app onto my iOS 11.2.1.

@dreaminjuls: Just to be clear, purchasing 1Password for Mac does not include 1Password for iOS. Each app is a separate purchase unless you sign up for a 1Password.com membership. And purchasing the standalone 1Password app does not include a membership, as that is a subscription.

When I go into 1Password 6 on my MacBook, it shows I am in trial period. Will this stop working when the trial period is out, and will I lose all syncing with my iPhone?

You will need to follow the instructions in your license email to apply it and register the app, or 1Password will not know you've purchased it.

I can't tell if syncing between phone and laptop is only working because I have the 1Password.com linked. I didn't see the "Sync" option mentioned here on my 1Password 6 Mac application.

However, it sounds like you may be using a trial 1Password.com membership in the app anyway. The only way to use it after the trial is up is to setup billing for your account:

https://start.1password.com/billing

1Password.com has no sync configuration, as that's all automatic: you just sign into your account to access your data on each device. If you'd prefer to use that, shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here so we can help you switch over.

This discussion has been closed.