Some icons missing in 1P6 (and Edge extension)

Dahu
Dahu
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi there,

Just installed 6.8.485. Seems to work fine. However, I notice that some icons are not displayed at all in 1P6 (keyhole instead), while they are clearly visible both on my.1Password and on the iPhone.
I noticed the same behaviour, on the same icons, in the Edge extension. It seems that all 1P applications do not have identical requirements for icons. Is it the case?
If that cannot be solved, I would rather know when I chose an icon that it will not work on all platforms.

Besides, I thought that in a previous beta version, I was able to set the icon from 1P6 - but I was probably dreaming. Otherwise, has the feature been removed?

Regards,
Rodolphe

1Password Version: 6.8.485
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1P Cloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dahu: Thanks for getting in touch! Are you referring to custom icons you've added yourself, or Rich Icons 1Password is downloading for you automatically. If the latter, please let me know the URLs so I can verify. We've had some issues with that in the Windows app, so there are probably still some improvements we need to make there.

However, if you're referring to icons you've added yourself, they are not supported yet in 1Password for Windows version 6. We added preliminary support for custom icons in an earlier beta, but had to pull it because there are still some things we need to fix with that. I apologize if that threw you off. Just to clarify, your custom icons are still part of those items, but the Windows app cannot display them yet. We're hoping it won't be long though. Cheers! :)

• Dahu
    Dahu
    Community Member

Ok, thanks for the clarification. It is indeed custom icons that are either displayed with the default lock icon, or replaced by a favicon obtained automatically from the URL, which I initially thought were my own degraded in some way (though they are sometimes completely different).
    I must have tried the earlier beta you mention and remembered custom icons on Windows.

My thought on this: You will make me happy when icons are, at least, displayed everywhere i.e.:

• in 1P6,
    • Edge extension,
    • 1PX

... so as to have a consistent experience with Mac, iOS and my.1password.
    Since my.1password is accessible to everyone, everywhere, and allows the modification of custom icons, it can be thought of the administration console for 1P. I suppose it would be acceptable that icons cannot be customized in all other variants of 1P, but the display at least should be consistent (it is weird to see the same item with a platform-dependent icon).

Best regards
    Rodolphe

• @Dahu: We're making our way in that direction, as you saw in prior betas. It's a bit of an exciting time right now as we're simultaneously preparing for a major release in the form of 1Password 7 and laying some foundation/fixing a few bugs in preparation for that big release in 1Password 6. This does mean you'll see some back and forth in the betas as we funnel some of this stuff into stable and need to test builds heading to the stable channel, but ultimately we hope for the features you saw in the earlier betas to be part of future releases. You're getting a bit of a sneak peek at the roadmap here. Of course, things can and do pop up that might delay specific features or change that roadmap entirely, but these features are things we're actively working on, so we'll get there -- one way or another. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.