iCloud Sync or Dropbox Sync

Options
BasilFawlty
BasilFawlty
Community Member

I am currently syncing all my vaults via Dropbox, but am thinking of switching to iCloud Sync only because I know I will always have an iCloud account but not so sure about Dropbox. However, when I did a search for Dropbox vs iCloud sync I ran across this comment that was from two years ago:

The big appeal of Dropbox vs iCloud Sync at the moment is the fact that Dropbox Sync can be made to work on secondary vaults where as iCloud can still only be used on the primary vault.

Question - is this limitation still true with iCloud sync?

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BasilFawlty: That's correct. iCloud sync only works with the Primary vault. Given that of the two only Dropbox allows sharing across platforms and that an account is free, there shouldn't be a need to stop using that. But you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership instead since that's all built in. I don't know how many vaults you're working with, but in spite of being resistant at first I quickly found that it saved me a lot of hassle to not have to configure sync for individual vaults on each of my devices anymore. Just something to think about. Happy to help you make the transition if you'd like. :)

• BasilFawlty
    BasilFawlty
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know how many vaults you're working with, but in spite of being resistant at first I quickly found that it saved me a lot of hassle to not have to configure sync for individual vaults on each of my devices anymore. Just something to think about. Happy to help you make the transition if you'd like. :)

Thanks but I only have 3 vaults (I could actually live with one) and they are all now synced via DB so for now at least, I'm good.

• @BasilFawlty,

Let us know if you need anything else.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.