1PW version issues on iMac.

Hoyt
Hoyt
Community Member

Luddite here, so try not to laugh out loud.
I originally purchased 1PW5 for Mac in Feb 2015. From AgileBits, I have the confirming email.
I tried to purchase 1PW6 for Mac in Dec 2016 -- from AgileBits, I have the email. But I'm pretty sure I was not able to successfully install the upgrade. Things were OK, except some of my PWs disappeared and not always able to save new PWs.
In Jan 2017 I migrated to a new iMac (OSX Sierra).
Now, I see you have a new business model based on monthly payments. I feel like I am trapped in limbo.
My current 1PW says it is v 3.8.22 and 1PW3 (family). What's with that? I thought my original purchase was for 1PW5, which is what the email says?
I am willing to migrate to the new 1PW business model. I just want the app to work and I don't want unnecessary $$. (I have already spent $68.)
Can you help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You don't have to change from the licence model to a subscription, though many (most people?) prefer the subscription. See https://support.1password.com/why-account/ for info about subscriptions.

In 2015 your licence would be for 1PW5 (and free upgrade to 1PW6). It does look as though somehow you have been using 1PW3, though how that happened is not clear. 1PW3 is very old, and has issues with use on Sierra.

I wonder if you actually have two copies of 1PW, version 3 and 6. It might be helpful if you looked in your Library (this is hidden by default, press the Option key while using the Go menu in Finder to reveal this Library; there are other folders named Library on your drive, which aren't relevant) and report what you see in Application Support regarding 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Hoyt: Indeed, we stopped selling 1Password 3 in 2012...but you may have been using it since then since your 1Password 5 license would work with it. As danco mentioned, you don't have to move to a 1Password.com membership, but definitely check out the benefits it has to offer:

Why 1Password.com?

It's just a much more seamless experience compared to using licenses and syncing your own data, both of which can be incredibly tedious with multiple devices. If that's something you'd be interested in, shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here so we can hep you make the transition. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.