Multiple logins annoyance

Options
crisbennett
crisbennett
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Mac

When I have multiple logins for a site, 1Password mini offers me two, with an option to 'show N more items'. Which particular two it chooses seems random, and they're usually the wrong ones (ie. the ones I use least often). Disconcertingly, it doesn't prioritise items marked as favourites.

The consequence is an extra step for some of my most frequently-used logins (eg. Google).

Could we have the login list prioritise favourites (or some other mechanism to allow the user to control which logins appear in the list)?

Cheers.

PS. A reasonable workaround is to move less-used logins to an alternative vault. I still would prefer favorites to be sorted to the top of the available logins list in 1P mini

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.5.BETA-2 (685002) AgileBit
Extension Version: 4.7.0.1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@crisbennett: 1Password prioritizes exact matches first. If you have any exact matches based on the current URL, those will be at the top. Favorites which are also exact matches will be at the top of that. Inexact matches (different subdomain) will be below, hidden if you have many matches, with Favorites which are inexact matches at the top of those. It sounds like you just need to clean up your login URLs so they better fit your workflow. That should do the trick. Let me know how it goes! :)

• crisbennett
    crisbennett
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Spot on, thank you. A few url edits has produced the behaviour I want. Cheers.

• That's great to hear. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.