Family Plan Unique Logins?

NCRobino
NCRobino
Community Member

Hello,

I’d like to use he family plan for myself and my spouse. However, I will only do so if our vaults would be kept separate and inaccessible to others in the family (mostly in case access was achieved to one vault it would not expose the unshared links in the other vault).

Can someone please confirm that each vault will not share the same as master password?

Thank you

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@NCRobino: I'm not sure what you mean by "unshared links", but each member of a 1Password Families (or Teams) plan has their own unique account credentials, including a Secret Key which is randomly generated just for them, and a Master Password that they themselves choose. They will each have a Private vault as part of their account which no one else can access. The Organizer (or admin) can share additional vaults with one, all, or none of the rest of the family members. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: TQD-66678-534

• NCRobino
    NCRobino
    Community Member

Yup, that’s what I was hoping for! Thanks! Shared links just meant that any entries placed in the shared vault would also be seen/compromised if a family member’s vault was conpeomised. Thabks

• @NCRobino

Ah, yes. If someone’s account is compromised then of course any vaults they have access to would be as well, however no one has access to anyone else’s Private/Personal vault.

Thanks.

Ben

• NCRobino
    NCRobino
    Community Member

Yup, that’s what I was hoping for! Thanks! Shared links just meant that any entries placed in the shared vault would also be seen/compromised if a family member’s vault was conpeomised. Thabks

• Perfect.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.