attachment support in iOS version yet? willing to upgrade to pro but deter for this reason ..

Options
bsri12
bsri12
Community Member

so i see this question has been asked and answered negative but want to reiterate the topic, as the old one closed almost 2 years back (2016). Question, i have is, if i pay for iOS pro version, will i get attachment support? If not, any immediate plans to roll this feature? Considering the negative answer 2 years back, hoping there is much progress done now - in 2years!! :) Really only reason for me not to upgrade my iOS app and am sure a lot of people are hanging out for this.
User workflow becomes very easy for this support in iOS as: open 1Password app -> open/create secure note -> click to add attachment -> camera opens -> click to take pic and attach to secure note
Vs
Workflow currently I hesitate to use via MacOS: take a picture on iOS (pictures goes to photos/iCloud - very insecure I know but can't help that you are not solving yet maybe) -> air drop to MacOS -> open 1Password on MacOS -> open/create secure note -> click to add attachment -> go back to iOS device -> open 1Password on iOS -> sycn to get attachment on secure note (with pro)

The workflow via MacOS is so painful and insecure that I hope 1Password has solved the attachment feature for iOS pro app.

the last related topic encountered is in ..
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/57514/will-it-be-possible-to-attach-pictures-to-ios-pro-version-of-1password-it-would-be-really-useful

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS
Sync Type: Wifi
Referrer: forum-search:ios pro attach

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@bsri12: As indicated in the Pro features, attachments can be viewed in 1Password for iOS. We do not have plans to change the way that attachments are handled to enable additional features. They can be added in 1Password for Mac. This is not insecure. Before you add an attachment to 1Password, it not secured by 1Password. But when added to 1Password, we go to a lot of trouble to protect it, just lie the rest of your data. When it's stored, it's encrypted on disk at all times. The only time it is unencrypted is when you open it as a temporary file to view it. And iCloud encrypts data as well, though obviously 1Password doesn't rely on that: I think we all prefer to choose our own Master Passwords to protect our data. :sunglasses:

However, a 1Password.com membership includes the Documents feature, which does have the ability to add photos directly to a vault on iOS. A 1Password.com membership also gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. And, as always, your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so 1Password simply doesn't depend on the sync service to protect your data. And 1Password.com also has the added security of the 128-bit, randomly-generated Secret Key, so you not only don't have to give up security for the convenience, you actually get more. If you'd like to transition to a 1Password.com membership, shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here so we can help. Cheers! :)

• bsri12
    bsri12
    Community Member
    Options

sorry @brenty , not really interested in a subscription service. Is there a possibility that the attachment feature is added to the backlog of customer requests? Wiling to pay for it and am sure, as I have been hearing, there are people who would love to have it. It's quite a pain to do thru 2 devices. Hope 1Password understands.

• @bsri12,

I’m sorry but this is not something we have any plans on adding outside of 1Password.com accounts.

Rudy

• bsri12
    bsri12
    Community Member
    Options

thats just sad. hate to go out and shop for something else :(

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.