I need help locating my secret key I cannot sign in on my new computer to access my account

Options
jeanniebaird
jeanniebaird
Community Member

I have an account However I do not remember if I downloaded the app from iTunes or if I am a member. I have purchased a new computer and do not have access from my old computer to get my account information

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I need help locating my secret code as I cannot sign in on my new computer to access my account

Comments

• jeanniebaird
    jeanniebaird
    Community Member
    Options

I too cannot sign in without the secret code and I cannot even being to delete and reenter our company info.
    I need help signing in on a new Mac computer

• jeanniebaird
    jeanniebaird
    Community Member
    Options

this is so frustrating with no reply

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @jeanniebaird! Sorry to hear you're having troubles getting 1Password back up and running on a new Mac. For reference, this is not a "live chat" application, but rather a discussion forum, so you won't get immediate responses like you may be used to with live chat sessions. Although we attempt to answer every question made by users here as quickly as we can, we also have email support which takes up our support energies as well.

If you were using 1Password on your previous Mac, do you have any backups of the data from that Mac, either via Time Machine or another backup utility? If you have neither of those, then the question would be: were you syncing your data on the old Mac via iCloud, Dropbox or WLAN? If you can't remember, you probably weren't. If neither of those things is true (no backups and you weren't syncing), and you no longer have access to your previous Mac, then your data will be unrecoverable. Do you have either backups of your computer's data or your existing 1Password data synced to another device?

ref: ZNB-67941-582

• jeanniebaird
    jeanniebaird
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot locate it in iCloud nor on my carbonite account. this is a business that had tons of information on my account. Why can I not sign to get my account information

• jeanniebaird
    jeanniebaird
    Community Member
    Options

when I go into my license I get a copy sent to my email account which says I can apply my license however when I click to do so it ask for my secret key

• jeanniebaird
    jeanniebaird
    Community Member
    Options

it says I am licensed and I click on find my license it takes me back to where it sends it again to my email address.

• jeanniebaird
    jeanniebaird
    Community Member
    Options

I am using a Mac desktop

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

As Lars mentioned above, you will only have an account if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. Rather than trying to have the same conversation in multiple places, let's continue via email.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jeanniebaird: We don't ever have access to your data, so we can never give it to you. You will also only have an "account" if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. I see that you've also contacted us separately via email, so I'll reply there shortly and we can continue the conversation there to help you get things sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.