upgrade help needed - 1 Password 3 Version 3.8.22 (build 32010) Family license to ?????

Options
kEND
kEND
Community Member

We have a family license on 1 Password 3 for Mac. I'm upgrading my computer and the lack of a usable 1 Password 3 extension on Chrome is a bummer.

What's the best way to upgrade? My wife uses one of the other licenses from the family license. We have individual vaults (and would be open to individual and shared). We sync to our iphones via dropbox.

Please point me in the right direction (and I'm okay if that's a "the extension for Chrome on high sierra is available (and works)").

Thanks.

Ken

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: chrome 3.9.21.90
OS Version: 10.31.1
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kEND: Thanks for getting in touch! It's pretty straightforward: 1Password Families includes all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether for you folks — you each simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. Five family members are included in the base price, and it's easy to invite them and share vaults securely:

Share 1Password with your family

Since you're migrating from a much older version, it might be best to shoot us an email at support@1password.com so we can work out the details. Just post the Support ID you receive here and I'll be happy to help you make the transition. Cheers! :)

• kEND
    kEND
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty, thank you for the reply. I'll consider a change to families. Having already paid for 1 password several times, I'm inclined to find a way to keep using what I have. Let me know if any discounts are available to your customers.

• rudy
    edited December 2017
    Options

@kEND

Just something to be aware of, 1Password 3 is not really all that compatible with 10.13 that you list as your current OS. I'd definitely look at either the 1Password.com membership or minimally upgrading from 1Password 3 to 1Password 6 as a standalone purchase.

You can read more about the problems you'll inevitably encounter trying to use 1Password 3 on 10.13 at https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/78728/1password-3-legacy-support-information#latest

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Rudy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kEND: We've offered a number of promotions over time after the very first launching 1Password Families. We don't have anything like that right now, but again,

shoot us an email at support@1password.com so we can work out the details. Just post the Support ID you receive here and I'll be happy to help you make the transition.

This discussion has been closed.