1Password without Account

Options
Finke03
Finke03
Community Member

Hello,
I‘m using 1PW since a long time. I’m using 1PW 4 for Windows and the App on iOS.
I don’t want to use an account and only trust the local vault.
Today I recommended 1PW to one of my colleague and explained, that you currently only support 1PW accounts.
Now my question: Is it still possible to use the iOS App currently without an account and only with local vault? If yes, my colleague could switch from Keepass to 1PW and use only the App. After release of 1PW 7 for Windows (with local vault support) he could sync his local vault from iOS to his windows client with 1PW7, right?

Regards
Finke

Comments

• @finke03,

Today I recommended 1PW to one of my colleague and explained, that you currently only support 1PW accounts.

This is simply not true on most of the platforms, they support local vaults along side accounts. The only outlier is the one you mentioned in your post, Windows will be getting local vault support with 1Password 7.

Rudy

• Finke03
    Finke03
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rudy,
    ok accepted ;)
    But is it currently possible to use the iOS App as new customer without an account?

Finke

• @finke03,

Absolutely. You scroll to the bottom of the list and choose "Create a standalone vault".

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.