Regenerate Password Length Slider iOS 11.2.1

Options
spaulding
spaulding
Community Member

When editing a login to regenerate a password, I have to hard press the length slider to get it to move left or right. Swiping right in a login when I just need to copy a password appears to function normally with a light swipe. Thanks for all you do agilebits! 1Password has been awesome and is the best software purchase I ever made. Happy Holidays all and Merry Christmas!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@spaulding: This drives me nuts too, but I thought it was just me. I think it's a bit different than your description though. I can't say for certain, but I think it seems like a hard press works better because the touch target is small, so pressing harder gives you more finger surface on the screen, if that makes sense. I'm able to do it just fine without preying down, but I agree that it's hard to hit the first time. Thanks so much for bringing it up, and for being awesome! We'll see what we can do to improve this. I hope you're having an awesome holiday season too. Cheers! :chuffed:

ref: OPI-4368

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I am on a 4” device and with this issue, I thought, was my problem for being on a small device.

• @spaulding, @wkleem,

Thanks for the feedback, we're working on some ideas for a new password generator and this is one of the things that will invariable get fixed at that point. The problem, and reason for the long press is a result of the nesting of scroll views. In order for the OS to know what to do with a slider inside of a scrollview inside of another scrollview you have to force the interaction with the slider to get it to ignore the gesture handling on the scrollviews that enclose it.

Rudy

• spaulding
    spaulding
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Thanks Brenty and Rudy for the explanations. Cheers to all!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hi

In these situations, keep a stylus handy for those fat fingered moments. Which means one more item to take with you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the stylus suggestion, wkleem. :+1::chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.