Suggestion: "Favorite Vaults" next to "All Vaults"

KwiekeMarter
KwiekeMarter
Community Member

As currently implemented, the "All Vaults" view is rather "Favorite Vaults" (except on my.1password.com, which can't yet filter). I'd love to see:

• "All Vaults" renamed to the more accurate "Favorite Vaults" (on all platforms where you can filter that view). Best for day-to-day usage.
  • A new view "All Vaults", which always contains all available vaults. Quite handy if you're checking for an archived or misplaced login, or for logins in shared vaults which you don't usually access (e.g. kids vaults).

Both views should always be available wherever you can choose vaults. Which of both should come first, that's up to you ;-).

1Password Version: Win: 6.8 / iOS: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Win 7 / Win 10 / iOS 11.2.1
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@KwiekeMarter: We don't have any plans for something like that currently, but Favorite Vaults is a cool idea. I don't think we want that to replace All Vaults, especially since not all vaults are favorites. But that makes sense and it's something we can consider for the future. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• KwiekeMarter
    KwiekeMarter
    Community Member

I'm glad to see this idea was (kind of) implemented in iOS version 7.3.1: "you can now select an account in the vault switcher menu to see every item across all the vaults in that account. ... {#425}". Now I can finally search across all vaults, even my "Archive" vault which I'm usually not interested in.

I never took the time to explain my suggestion another way as the gist of my request didn't seem to get across. I still don't see why the existing "All vaults" is called "All vaults" since you can make it a selection of vaults (could be across multiple accounts, I know—but that's not relevant to me personally). Just re-read the description of the new feature above: you're referring to "all the vaults" which might be a wider selection than if you choose "All Vaults"... feels quite weird to me!

Can't wait for feature parity between:

• iOS: both "All Vaults" <in your terminology; I'd say "favorite accounts"> and "All the Vaults (within an account)" (v7.3.1)
    • 1Password.com: only "All the Vaults (within your account)"
    • Windows app: only "All Vaults" . "All the Vaults (within an account)" seems to work: you can click it, and the number of vaults is updated, but not the list of items themselves (v7.3.684).

Keep up the good work!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019

@KwiekeMarter: Thanks for the kind words! :chuffed:

We've actually had "account selection" for vaults in the new Windows app for a while now, and it's one of my favourite features since that allows me to easily view everything in my personal account and exclude everything else, e.g. when I'm not working. So I'm really happy to have that on my iPhone now too! :)

I still don't see why the existing "All vaults" is called "All vaults" since you can make it a selection of vaults (could be across multiple accounts, I know—but that's not relevant to me personally). Just re-read the description of the new feature above: you're referring to "all the vaults" which might be a wider selection than if you choose "All Vaults"... feels quite weird to me!

You're not wrong, but...at first All Vaults really was all vaults, all the time. But it quickly (immediately?) became clear that it's pretty important to be able to hide certain vaults in regular use -- a lot of people have an "archive" vaults, or just shared vaults which we don't want to interact with accidentally...yet we need to access everything else all the time! So I guess we could have renamed "All Vaults" to "All vaults which are not explicitly hidden in your settings", but man that is unwieldy. ;)

But "Favorite Accounts/Vaults" is an interesting idea. It's not quite the same thing though. A lot of people would miss All Vaults functionality if we went with Favorite Vaults instead, and having both would be even more confusing...but I think it's worth considering, and maybe we can come up with something that works. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.