Consistent crashes on startup

Since a few days ago, I'm getting this error when I startup my computer:

1Password runs fine when I start it manually after that, but the "run on startup" always crashes with that error.

I've attached the diagnostics report here: https://cloud.manu.space/s/1e9VeBzPrmHKS1R

1Password Version: 6.8.488
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Build 16299
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@man_gra: That's really odd. WerFault.exe is Windows Error Reporting. It sounds like Windows is trying to send a crash report or something, but that app is failing. If you disable is temporarily in Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Problem Reports and Solutions > Change settings > Advanced settings does the error go away? Do you have WerFault.exe in the C:\Windows folder?

• man_gra
    man_gra
    Community Member

Hi @brenty, thanks for the quick reply! My WerFault.exe is in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. I'm afraid I could not find the settings you described. In the control panel I only have "System and Security", no Maintenance. I tried searching the control panel for the setting you mentioned with the terms "maintenance", "problem reports" and a few more, but I can't seem to find that specific setting. I'm on Windows 10 Professional, if that makes a difference.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@man_gra: Ah. Thanks for getting back to me! My mistake. I trusted my memory too much there, and they keep changing things. It can be disabled from services.msc at least. Definitely make sure you update your video drivers, as those are the most common cause of faults. However, I'd like you to send a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Also include an Event Viewer log and crash report (if applicable)

Please send them to support@agilebits.com
    Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: HUX-48785-171

• man_gra
    man_gra
    Community Member

I just updated my video card driver and the problem was gone. Pretty weird, as the problem started without me doing anything to my video card driver, but as long as the problem is solved I won't complain. :smile: Thanks again, and happy holidays!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@man_gra: Thank you for keeping us posted! I am glad to hear the update for your video card driver solved the issue.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future, we are always here for you. :chuffed:

Happy Holidays!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.