Forgot Master Password but have IOS thumbprint access

Options
pascualy
pascualy
Community Member

I can access my account on my iPad using my thumbprint. I have a new phone and I was able to download the app but it asked me for the master password. I have the secret key from the iPad but I don’t see how I can recover the master password. If I have forgotten the master password do I have to delete everything and start over even if I have the secret key and I can access the account and the materials on one device?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    edited December 2017
    Options

@pascualy,

This is correct, you need both the Secret Key and the Master Password in order to access the data. We have no way to recover either piece of information as you are the only one that has either of those two values.

The way I would approach this is to setup a new 1Password.com account on the iPad while you still have access via Touch ID, and copy everything over to that new account. Be sure to capture both the Secret Key and the Master Password somewhere safe. If your current account is paid up we can transfer that over to the new account from the old one, just let us know via support+forum@agilebits.com

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.