To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Double entries after upgrading from standalone to cloud acccount

Mtals42
Mtals42
Community Member

I upgraded a few months ago and I ended up with double entries in my vault. I finally got around to contacting support to help with this issue.
I originally started with 1pass of OSX but then moved to windows which is when I upgrade to the cloud version of 1pass.

Not sure how to proceed, please advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Mtals42,

Do you still see a Primary vault in 1Password? That may explain the duplicates you’re seeing. We recommend deleting the Primary vault as part of the migration process...

iOS:

To remove your old Primary vault, tap Settings > Vaults > Primary. Then tap Delete Vault.

Mac:

To remove your old Primary vault, choose 1Password menu > Switch to Vault > Primary. Then choose 1Password menu > Delete Vault.

If you’re seeing duplicates on Windows it would not be related to the Primary vault, as 1Password 6 for Windows doesn’t have standalone vaults. In that case it is likely these items are indeed duplicated in your account, and the only way to remove them will be to manually review and delete them.

Thanks.

Ben

• Mtals42
    Mtals42
    Community Member

Thanks for your response Ben.

I still have a vault syncing with Dropbox. So what you are saying is that I can delete the vault in Dropbox? I just want to double check before I delete it.

And does that mean that my passwords etc. are all saved at 1Password and not in my Dropbox vault/account?

Thanks.

• If you see all your entries when you log in on 1Password.com then you can delete the vault in Dropbox (using the above instructions).

And you are correct: 1Password.com accounts do not utilize Dropbox.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.