Reinstall 1password on imac (OSX 11.02) .stopped

Options
Sunnycd
Sunnycd
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Mac

I had to deinstall 1password from one of my two macs, because my former admin had installed his (!!!) 1password version on my iMac and not my version .
So I could not login any more!

Therefor I got the actual 1password download from the app store and began to install.

The installation stopped suddenly without any error messages.

I was not asked for my password.

Now I got stuck and do not know how to proceed.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Yours sincerely
Werner L. Ende 2017-12-24 13.22.32 MET

my secret key is A3-…

PS: 1password 6.8.5 runs on my MacBook Air OS 11.02 and 1password for ios on my ios devices without any problems

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 685003
OS Version: OSX 11.02 (13604.4.7.1.3)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I had to reinstall 1password on my iMac. download from app store was ok. But then reinstall stopped without error, not asking for password

Comments

• Sunnycd
    Sunnycd
    Community Member
    Options

still unable to go forward

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Sunnycd: Before I try to tell you what to do, I'd really like to understand what's happened and what you're trying to do here. 1Password for Mac is setup per macOS user account, so I'm not sure what you mean by "my former admin had installed his (!!!) 1password version on my iMac and not my version". Please be specific. Once I have a sense for what you're trying to accomplish I'm sure we can get it sorted out. :)

• Sunnyc
    Sunnyc
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

my former administrator (Jörn Ende) had installed 1Password from his account not from mine.
    He didn't gave me his password.
    therefore I deleted 1Password from my iMac and tried to install one password from my account( Werner Ende [removed by AgileBits for privacy on our public forum] ).
    Remark: Perhaps I should have done a special de-installation procedure.

From the Apple store I got 1password from my account and started the installation.
    I couldn't accomplish it because the procedure stopped without any error.

No I would like to know how to install 1password.
    Remark: The settings for 1Password on my iMac have to be the same as for my MacBook air, that is part of my WLAN
    together with my iPads and iPhones.

Thank you very much in advance for your answer
    Yours sincerely
    Werner L. Ende 2017-12-25 18.41.40 MET

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Sunnyc: Indeed, if you just need to start over completely on your Mac to clear out someone else's setup, follow this guide:

https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

And then you can drag the app to the Trash, restart your Mac, and install a fresh copy to setup 1Password with your own AgileBits Store license or Mac App Store account, depending on where you purchased it.

• Sunnyc
    Sunnyc
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Benty,
    thank you very, very much for your kind support.
    I will manage my iMac following your advice and
    thank you very much in advance for your help.
    Yours sincerely

Werner L. Ende (sunnyc) 2017-12-26 09.21.04 MET

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you have any other questions. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.