iCloud: "Sorry, we could not process your request". [_NOT_ same error as the sticky post]

nle
nle
Community Member

Hi, a few weeks ago I ran into the problem when trying to fix a sync issue on my Moms MacBook Pro. To test the sync I removed and readded the iCloud sync, but every time the browser window loaded the idmsa.apple.com URL, I got the error "Sorry, we could not process your request".

I tried a few times with different browsers, etc, but no go. She was due for a new MacBook Pro in a couple of weeks, so I did not investigate further.

Fast forward till yesterday, when she got her new MacBook Pro. This is a completely new machine, and we're starting from scratch (ie. no restore from backup) I get the exact same error – "Sorry, we could not process your request".

1. Start 1Password
  2. Select "Used 1Password before"
  3. Click "Sync using iCloud",
  4. Press "Sign in" that opens a browser window
  5. Page is loading, and presents an error: "Sorry, we could not process your request".

I've tried both Safari and Chrome. Does not matter, same error.

What is going on here, how do I resolve this?

(My mom is only using Apple devices, so iCloud syncing should be fine (since she's all ready paying for that, and recently bought the new 1Password)

1Password Version: 6.8.5 (685004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• nle
    nle
    Community Member

Ended up setting up Dropbox instead of trying more with iCloud. Dropbox has always worked for syncing, so I guess it's just as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nle: I'm glad to hear that Dropbox is working well, but that is a weird one. I can't recall seeing that error ever. I'd be interested to know if you're able to find out anything from Apple. This is the only thing I could find searching:

https://origin-discussions-us.apple.com/thread/7583142?start=0&tstart=0

Is she by any chance using two-factor authentication?

• nle
    nle
    Community Member

Yes, I think she uses two-factor authentication. But it never gets far enough to trigger that.

I have also tried searching around, and not coming up with anything. So it looks like a seldom bug/error.

Anyhow, using Dropbox instead, so I'm probably not going to investigate further atm.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yes, I think she uses two-factor authentication. But it never gets far enough to trigger that.

@nle: Ah, that makes sense then. Definitely different than the other iCloud authentication issue you referenced.

I have also tried searching around, and not coming up with anything. So it looks like a seldom bug/error. Anyhow, using Dropbox instead, so I'm probably not going to investigate further atm.

It might be worth checking with Apple as it may be something they're already aware of, but if Dropbox is filling that need I don't blame you for just sticking with that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.