Problem deleting a vault, because the keychain was on a server volume

Options
TheBurn
TheBurn
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to delete a vault, but without any luck.

I have two vaults, the primary is my private (connected to my dropbox account) and the secondary is my old keychain from work and it was on a server. The problem is, that every time I open 1password a prompt pops up saying that it couldn't connect to the server and apparently this prevents me from deleting it. Actually the option is available, but nothing happens except the prompt. Also I tried to change the synchronisation folder, but the same thing happens, the prompt pops up saying that it couldn't connect to the server. All I can do is press OK.

The only thing I can think of is uninstalling 1password from my macbook and connecting it to dropbox again after a reinstall. But I'd like to prevent that, because I have had some bad experience with stuff like this in the past.

Hope you can help me and many thanks in advance,

Cheers Lars

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:delete vault server mac

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TheBurn: That's really the only solution. We never recommend storing 1Password data on a network volume because there's no failsafe if it's unavailable: the read or write just fails. You can easily reset the app and re-add your vaults though — hopefully from a local volume this time. ;)

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions. Have a wonderful Christmas! :)

• TheBurn
    TheBurn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi brenty,

I uninstalled it like described on the 1password website and reconnected it with my dropbox account after the reinstallation. Everything works fine now and no second vault is to be seen anymore.

Thank you very much for help and a wonderful christmas to you too.
    :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome! Thank you for the kind words, and letting me know all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need a anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.