Mac App store purchased 1Password reverting to read-only

Options
lcottrell
lcottrell
Community Member

Today I just discovered that my 1Password has reverted to read-only mode.
I trashed the application, rebooted, and re-installed from the app store. No change.
Purchased Aug 23, 2017.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @lcottrell,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Did you originally purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store? If so are you currently signed into the App Store with the exact same Apple ID that you originally used to make the purchase (please note: family sharing will not work - it needs to be the same Apple ID)?

Please let us know. We’d be happy to help. Merry Christmas!

Ben

• Serhii
    Serhii
    Community Member
    Options

I have the exact same issue. I purchased from App Store long time ago (2012?), and installed using the same account which I used for purchase. But I have two App Store accounts and I often logged in with another one. Very disappointing. I really hope I won't be forced to switch App Store accounts like mad just to make 1Password happy.

• Ben
    Options

@Serhii,

Apple’s official recommendation is that each individual only use a single Apple ID. Any other scenario may cause difficulties with the way in which apps intend to operate. If you can please send us a copy of your receipt for 1Password for Mac to support@agilebits.com we may have an alternative option to offer if this is causing difficulties for you.

When you email us you will get an automated reply from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Thanks.

Ben

• Serhii
    Serhii
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Ok, I forwarded you receipts.
    The support ID for Mac app is [#DMI-69545-168]
    The support ID for iOS app is [#SVN-62854-492]

(I've sent iOS receipt by mistake at first, but I think I will be running to the same issues with it, so maybe you can do something for it as well...)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. We’ll be in touch via email shortly.

Ben

ref: SVN-62854-492

• lcottrell
    lcottrell
    Community Member
    Options

For historical reasons I do have more than one AppleID. I don't think there is any way to migrate purchases between IDs.
    How would I recover the receipt from the mac app store?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lcottrell The only way to do it is by signing into iTunes using the Apple ID in question. Click the Account tab in the Menubar, then View My Account. Once you're inside, you'll see a link further down the page to view past purchases. You can retrieve the receipt from there, if you didn't save the email copy of it you received from Apple at the time of purchase.

If you can no longer access that previous or alternate Apple ID because of a forgotten password or other issue, there won't be any way to access the receipts -- unless you can find one via contacting Apple directly.

• lcottrell
    lcottrell
    Community Member
    Options

I see that I accidentally re-purchased under a different account. The original purchase was October 4, 2013.
    Order ID MGN9YXN0FJ

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lcottrell - I've sent you a quick email to the address you used to register for this forum. If you don't receive it, please check your Spam or Bulk email folder, as sometimes overzealous spam filters can mark unsolicited email from us as junk.

ref: UKN-58891-166

This discussion has been closed.