Revealing passwords for Mac Apps

Options
digiagency
digiagency
Community Member

Hi,

When I generate a password for a Mac app, 1Password mini detects which app I am working on, and automatically copy and paste the app url to web address field (see attached image please).

So, given 1P knows which app you work and its password, you expect it to reveal matched item when launching 1P mini as it does on browsers, but it won't. Why is that?

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@digiagency: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password isn't doing this. Rather, macOS is. 1Password is just polling for the current URL at the time the generated password is saved. When there's no browser involved, you'll get an app:// URL like that — which can sometimes be confusing if you're generating a password for something else while another app is in the foreground. 1Password just isn't polling constantly trying to detect apps since it can only interact with browsers (and even then only if its extension is installed), but I can see how it might be useful to have 1Password try to anticipate your needs better when you open it. Perhaps that's a feature we can add in a future version. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

ref: OPM-75

• digiagency
    digiagency
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for considering but I find it must have rather than nice to have. Hope you implement such a simple but handy feature.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@digiagency - thanks for letting us know how interested you are in this feature. :)

This discussion has been closed.