Keychain Problems

Nigell
Nigell
Community Member

Forgive me if this is a Mac rather than a 1Password issue, but you will probably be able to explain it better than anyone. I'm a longtime 1Password user, and every password I need is in 1Password. Meanwhile, Keychain is behaving oddly, asking for passwords a number of time before it will let me in, etc. I wonder if it's safe to reset Keychain. I'm not sure what it's for as 1Password seems to have everything covered. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:keychain

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Nigell: I...wouldn't want you to reset it unless that's really the last resort. Before you do anything like that, definitely contact Apple. Depending on what you're being prompted to unlock, it may be as simple as changing your local or iCloud keychain password. That will often force all of the items to switch to the new password (you'll have to authenticate for each), which will allow them to all unlock using the same one going forward. But again, I wouldn't want to tell you the wrong thing. Whatever you do, make a full bootable backup of your Mac first.

• JamieConway88
    JamieConway88
    Community Member

If you know your old password, use that password to update your existing login keychain. And you should contact Apple before reset your password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, better safe than sorry!

This discussion has been closed.