I can't remember how I purchased 1 password. how can I find out?

Options
bruce_irla
bruce_irla
Community Member

I have been a user for a long time. Now you tell me I have to remember how I bought my app so I can get a magic key passphrase or something? Is there someone I can call? Your website is not user friendly. I just want to give you more money so I can get my passwords to work on my wife's phone. The is a lot of conflicting information and blind dead ends with this quest. I am frustrated with you. If there is just me, it works on my iPhone, my iPad and my MacBook Pro. I just want to add my wife on her iPhone. It seems like a reasonable, simple request. But now there are levels of complexity I never dreamed of being possible. I just want to call someone and have them walk me through. I guess I may have to leave 1 Password. You guys want to charge me $3.99 a month for my wife? I paid it, and it is not something that is easy or intuitive. You made me pay a one-time charge of $9.99 to be some sort of "Pro" but it still won't tell me how to add my wife. Can I pay you $50 and have you talk me through it? I just want the damn thing to work for my family. You have some family plans. Your forums say you can and you can't. Which is it? Sorry, but I will look for a similar app that has support you can talk to, a number you can call to get help. I really got used to your product, but now you have competitors. $48 dollars a year to add my wife? And $9.99 to be a Pro? At these prices it could pay me to shop.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't remember how I purchased 1 password. how can I find out?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@bruce_irla: I'm not sure I understand everything yo've said, but I’m definitely sorry for the confusion! We do not have a call center, and we do not charge for support. So you only have to pay us something if you need to buy another of our products. We won't make you though, so it's up to you to decide what's right for you.

It's quite possible that we don't know what you've purchased though, since we don't collect a lot of information on our customers to protect their privacy, and if you purchased 1Password through Apple we will have no information about that, as the App Store is owned and operated by them solely.

That said, I've resent the information we do have via email, and there are a few things I can tell you that apply according to your description:

An in-app purchase cannot be shared, so buying the Pro features in 1Password for iOS that way will only work on the Apple ID where you purchased it.

Similarly, the standalone versions of any of the other 1Password apps are each a separate purchase.

However, a 1Password.com membership gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. And you may want to consider a 1Password Families plan, for a few reasons:

• It's easy to share vaults securely, so you can each give each other access to important information that might be needed in an emergency.
    • Automatic offsite backup and item history are included, so losing your devices doesn't mean losing your data.
    • Family Organizers can perform account recovery for other family members if they forget their Master Password or other account credentials.

Each family member you invite will have their own account with the same 1Password.com membership benefits. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.