Extension with 1Password 4.6.2 Windows unresponsive

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited December 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Clicking on the icon works after sometimes 5 to 6 attempts more or less for 1Password 4.6.2. Ctrl - \ similarly can be unresponsive.I haven't used 1Password 4 for some time, being on 1Password 6 95% of the time now.

I am using 1Password Extension v4.7.0.1. In Chrome.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Can you tell me the exact Chrome and 1Password versions you're using there? It sounds like you may be encountering a known issue affecting some users on 1Password 4.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

Chrome v63.0.3239.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    1Password 4 v4.6.2.626
    1Password Extension v4.7.0.1

Hope this helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: There could be a few things going on here. First though, do you also have 1Password 6 installed? That will prevent 1Password 4 from connecting to the browser.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I do have both 1Password 6 and 4 installed but I ensure 1Password 6 is not running when I decide to run 1Password 4. I go to Systray to exit 1Password 6 first.

I will try again later as I currently don't need to use 1Password 4.

• Hi @Wkleem,

You might want to try removing the stale extension file from 1Password 4 as switching between versions may interfere with the authorization process that's automatic now with Native Messaging. Each 1Password 6 update has changes that may mean that switching between both versions becomes more of a hassle. The good news is that we're getting close to 1Password 7 that'll support both local vaults and 1Password.com memberships, so that 1Password 4 is not needed anymore.

Try this when you need to switch back to 1Password 4:

1. Close your web browsers and 1Password
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\AgileBits
    3. Move the OPX4.auth file to your desktop
    4. Restart 1Password 4, enable Native Messaging, and then open your browser, see if it works better now.
  • SecureInCali
    SecureInCali
    Community Member
    Options

FYI: I had a similar issue to this and renaming %LOCALAPPDATA%\AgileBits\OPX4.auth to %LOCALAPPDATA%\AgileBits\OPX4.auth.old fixed the problem. A new OPX4.auth file was created which seemed to solve the issue.

Specifically, my Chrome window kept jumping into focus when I was working in another window. It would even maximize itself periodically if minimized. Right clicking in Chrome and selecting 1Password, or selecting the icon at the top of Chrome would not bring up the 1Password menu. Removing the extension solved teh Chrom focus issue so I knew the extension was the problem. Re-installing Chrome didn't work, removing all of the extensions did work but re-installing 1Password brought back the issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SecureInCali: Glad that helped! Do you have Native Messaging enabled in 1Password Help > Advanced? Just want to make sure you don't run into issues down the road. :)

• SecureInCali
    SecureInCali
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, "Use Native Messaging protocol" is selected.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Thanks so much for double checking. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.