Enter my license key in 1password for Mac?

Options
Daniel65
Daniel65
Community Member

I change my windows machine to Mac, I do not know how to enter my license key in 1password for Mac?
My license key product 1.0.9.342
Registered to Daniel Theys

1Password Version: 1.0.9.342
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.2
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:license

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@Daniel65 - Thanks for posting. License keys for 1Password are for a specific version and platform only, which means that your license for version 1 of 1Password for Windows is not valid for 1Password for Mac. The best way to use 1Password these days -- especially if you use multiple platforms (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android) -- is a 1password.com membership.

With a 1Password membership, you get not only secure data storage and stable sync, but also unlimited access to all four of our native 1Password applications. You can sign up directly for a 30-day free trial at the main 1Password sign-up page. Let us know if you have any questions!

• vishalaroor
    vishalaroor
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I had bought a 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle (Family License) back in 2013, the mail from agilebits contained only the license key and no license file. I have been using 1Password 4.6.2.626 on Windows 7. I want to setup the 1password with the my license key on a new macBook pro (running 10.13.6 macOS High Sierra). Which version of 1Password (standalone) for Mac can I download and from where can I download it?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @vishalaroor! Thanks for being a long-time user of 1Password. What you purchased (based on the date you gave) sounds like a Family License that would've included 1Password 3 for Mac and 1Password 4 for Windows. Unfortunately for your current situation, version 4 was a paid upgrade, as is the recently-released version 7. 1Password licenses never expire, but they also only work for the version for which they were purchased. That means you'd need to download 1Password 3 for Mac to be able to license it. You can certainly do that, from our updates server...but I would strongly recommend against it. I haven't checked, myself, but I suspect 1Password 3 for Mac would not run well at all on macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”), and even if it didn't have too many problems on its own, you would not be able to sync (version 3 uses the now-deprecated Dropbox API v1). And browser extension installation would likely be somewhere between problematic and impossible, if you're using a modern version of any of the major browsers. If you have an upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac that might be better...slightly. But honestly, the only real advice I can give you for a license that old is that it's time for an upgrade.

If you're using macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”), I'd strongly recommend looking into a 1password.com membership. It's by far the easiest and most robust/stable way to use 1Password on modern systems. And every 1Password membership includes access to ALL of our native 1Password apps - Mac, Windows, iOS and Android - instead of having to buy standalone licenses for each platform.

This discussion has been closed.