otp on 2 machines don't match

DoctorDan
DoctorDan
Community Member

I've got an OTP set up for dropbox. The codes generated on 1pw on my mac and 1pw in a win10 VM on the same mac don't match. The one from the VM is not accepted by dropbox. The one from the mac does match 1pw running on an old hp win10 machine.

I'm confused.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:otp on 2 machines don't match

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

@DoctorDan

Off hand, I would guess a discrepancy in the clock on the guest OS. The OTP is based off the clock. In the VM software settings there is an option to pass the time directly to the guest OS. I would try checking that to see if its configured properly. Its very likely the clock is off in some fashion on the guest OS.

If you don't wish to pass the time to the guest OS, make sure its set to the same time zone and appropriate time.

If that doesn't help the staff should be along soon, and may be able to help further.

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member

Right on target! I forgot that I set the date back to deal with some expiring beta software for which the update was a bit behind schedule.

Thanks for the insight and the prompt response. Happy New Year.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that helped! It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. Have a happy new year! :)

This discussion has been closed.