Short cut CMD+\ stopped working from a blank page in Firefox 57 (Quantum) if logged in

skyboarder
skyboarder
Community Member

I just switched to Firefox 57.0.1 , from Chrome.

Given I have already unlocked the 1Password mini extension
When I open a new tab "cmd + t" and then want to navigate to a login page with 1password using "cmd + \"
Then the 1 password mini extension doesn't open.
Instead I have to click on the extension icon and go from there.

This is a frustrating because it breaks the short cut navigation flow starting with 1password.

If I am already on a page, then the shortcut works fine.
This means that I need to navigate to the page first, which is an inconvenience I didn't have on Chrome.

Firefox preferences:
Hompage is set to: about:blank

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.5 (685004)
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: OSX 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Short cut CMD+\ stopped working from a blank page in Firefox 57 (Quantum) if logged in

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@skyboarder: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! ⌘ \ isn't the shortcut to open 1Password mini (unless you've changed it); rather, you can press ⌘ ⌥ \ to open 1Password mini and search for a login. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• skyboarder
    skyboarder
    Community Member

@brenty thank you for that hint. This does fix my issue.

Interestingly, the interpretation of the fill in password shortcut is different for chrome and firefox. I wonder if that is intentional or not.

Firefox:
    Locked: Open 1password mini to unlock
    Unlocked and on page: Fill in password
    Unlocked and on blank page: Do nothing

Chrome:
    Locked: same as FF
    Unlocked and on page: same as FF
    Unlocked and on blank page: Open 1Password mini

Either way, thanks so much for your help by pointing out the difference in these two shortcuts.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@skyboarder: on behalf of brenty, you're quite welcome. If you're a keyboard shortcut, power-user type of person, the full list of 1Password keyboard shortcuts can be found right here. Have a great rest of your week! :)

This discussion has been closed.