To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trouble migrating from MacApp Store Version 6 to Subscription service.

Options
rjwcassard
rjwcassard
Community Member

I am a new customer of the subscription service, but I've had the MacApp Store Version 6.8.5 running on all my devices for awhile. When I open the new subscription service version, it contains none of my data (hundreds of logins), and it doesn't seem to recognize that I have an existing version of the app. How do I get my data migrated in from App Store Version 6? (Running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2, using Dropbox for 1Password backup)

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I am a new customer of the subscription service, but I've had the MacApp Store Version 6 running on all my devices for awhile. When I open the new subscription service version, it contains none of my data (hundreds of logins), and it doesn't seem to recognize that I have an existing version of the app. What should I do to get my data migrated in from App Store Version 6? (Running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2 )

Comments

• @rjwcassard: I'm stoked you're giving a 1Password membership a try! 1Password memberships and standalone vaults actually use exactly the same app, so if you're already using 1Password 6.8.5 from the App Store, you can stick with the app you're using now. What you will want to do is sign in to your account in your existing app that already has your data and migrate your data. If you uninstall any extra versions of 1Password, make sure you just drag them to the trash and avoid any app cleaners -- they can sometimes get a bit overzealous and delete your 1Password data as well. You can find a guide to help you migrate your data here and if you have any questions along the way, let us know! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.