1pass iOS (iPhone) icon missing when trying to add/ "share" in Safari

Options
VLBeckner
VLBeckner
Community Member

Can't seem to get 1pass iOS to work on my phone (iPhone 6s). App is loaded is visible. But when I open Safari to add 1pass (I followed the instructions, hit "share" (activities) and then "more"), 1pass doesn't come up in the list to add. HELP!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited December 2017
    Options

@VLBeckner: Some additional info would be helpful here so we can better assist you. Could you let us know what version of 1Password you're using on your iPhone and what version of iOS you're on? I know the 6S can get up to iOS 11, but I've run into some folks holding off on updating just yet (which is totally fine, but could make a difference here). You can find your 1Password version in the 1Password app -- just unlock, tap Settings, then scroll down until you see the version number there. Thanks! :chuffed:

• VLBeckner
    VLBeckner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! I have a 6s iPhone, version 11.2.1. My 1pass version on my iPhone is 7.0.4

Thanks for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VLBeckner: Great! Make sure you open 1Password first, as iOS may not show it in the [ ↑ ] Share menu otherwise, and then follow this guide to setup

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Note that you'll need to enable the 1Password extension in the lower Activities list before it will be available to use there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• VLBeckner
    VLBeckner
    Community Member
    Options

As I said in my original email, I did all that and 1 pass does not show up as an activity to select...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @VLBeckner,

Are you on a non-blank web page when you open the list of Activities? Being on a blank page could be why 1Password isn't showing up for you.

• VLBeckner
    VLBeckner
    Community Member
    Options

Kyle pointed out that there are actually two rows - I was looking at the colorful row and didn't see the grey one below - when I went there, I saw 1pass (yay, fixed!). Might be helpful to note that in the video. Thanks everyone (it takes a village to solve simple problems with this technophobe).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, yep. That's why we have the screenshot in the guide I linked, and why I explicitly mentioned enabling the 1Password extension in the lower Activities list: it's easy to miss. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.