Is there a way to disable the “Welcome! Catch our short intro...” prompt when I log in?

WalksInPortland
WalksInPortland
Community Member

Although the splash screen is momentary, I don’t need/want the prompt.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Video

Comments

• @WalksInPortland: There isn't a way to disable this prompt, but it should only pop up the first time you set up a new device. Are you still seeing the prompt each time you unlock 1Password on this device?

• WalksInPortland
    WalksInPortland
    Community Member

Thanks. Yes, I get the prompt every time I open the app on my iPad. I don’t get the prompt on my iPhone though. I should’ve mentioned that earlier.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@WalksInPortland: It sounds like the app is just damaged on your iPad. How are you syncing your data between the two?

• WalksInPortland
    WalksInPortland
    Community Member

I’m syncing via your cloud server. One more thing I noticed - I only see the prompt when I "cold start" the iOS app on my iPad. i.e., if I simply close the app and return to it later, I don't get the prompt. I'm guessing there is a switch in memory that stays resident?

Unfortunately and somewhat ironically, the prompt occurs so rapidly that I haven't been able to catch it to actually watch the video.

• WalksInPortland
    WalksInPortland
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

I'm syncing via your cloud. One more thing that I noticed - I only see the prompt when I cold-start the iOS app on my iPad, i.e., if I launch and don't shut it down (remove from active apps), I don't see the prompt. I'm guessing there is something resident in memory that recognizes that I've already seen the prompt when I simply open it again?

I haven't tried to reinstall the app. Unfortunately and somewhat ironically, the prompt occurs so rapidly I can't actually catch it in time to watch the video.

One more small item, not worth investigating IMO ... when I come to this support page via your email 'check it out' link, I'm not prompted to sign in first. I just drafted an earlier comment and when I went to post it, thinking I was already signed in because I'd saved my sign in credentials earlier, I thought I lost my comment and was directed to your sign in page (which makes sense). Now that I'm signed in, I see my earlier comment above and also see that drafts of my comments are being saved.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@WalksInPortland - thanks for the heads-up about the forum software. Regarding your iPad, if you are syncing your 1Password data via a 1password.com account, then you can safely delete the 1Password app on any device, because your data will remain secure and encrypted on our server. So that's what I'd like you to do (assuming you've checked on your iPhone or in a browser and the data in your 1Password account appears complete and up-to-date). If it does, then go ahead and delete 1Password for iOS from your iPad in the usual way (hold down icon on home page until it "wiggles," then click the black X). Once you've done that, open the App Store and re-download 1Password directly from there. It will be as if you're a brand-new user, but at the Welcome screen, just follow the prompts to sign in to your existing account. Let us know how that goes for you.

• WalksInPortland
    WalksInPortland
    Community Member

I followed your instructions and I’m no longer getting the prompt. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Lars, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• Douglas K Wyman
    Douglas K Wyman
    Community Member

I am having the same experience on an iPhone6 (and not on my iPad Pro): when unlocking after a “cold start” the splash screen opens and then closes before I can even read it. I finally used SLO-MO video with my iPad Pro to be able the understand what the splash screen contained. Then I came to the forum and searched for the splash screen text.

• Thanks for the feedback, @Douglas K Wyman. I don’t think there is anything we can do here beyond re-designing how this screen works. That may be something we can consider doing down the road, but unfortunately for now I don’t have a workaround to suggest.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.