Can't apply license from agilebits store version

rikkirk
rikkirk
Community Member

Bought new mac, have license from version bought on Agilebits website. Downloaded version 6.8.5 to the new mac. Can't apply license, get read only mode and when going to Preference > Account it's in the trial version. How do I get 1 Password onto my new mac. Have been working on this for about 1/2 hour and getting frustrated.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Can't apply license from agilebits store version

Comments

• rikkirk
    rikkirk
    Community Member

Bought new mac, have license from version bought on AgileBits website. Downloaded version 6.8.5 to the new mac. Can't apply license, get read only mode and when going to Preference > Account it's in the trial version. How do I get 1 Password onto my new mac. Have been working on this for about 1/2 hour and getting frustrated.

I retrieved a previous email with this information:

1Password 6 for Mac
    Single License
    Name: William D. Kirk
    Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    License: Click here to Apply Your 1Password License

I did these two things and get the results indicated above.

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.5
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 10.13.2
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Can't apply license from agilebits store version

• rikkirk
    rikkirk
    Community Member

I found a solution. Removed then re-downloaded the Agilebits version and then during installation chose the Sync to Dropbox, where I had the agilebits keychain with my data. This restored 1Password on my new computer with my license. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the confusion there! If you're seeing "read-only", that's because you installed the Mac App Store version, which does not use a license, so you won't be able to apply one there. Glad you were able to get things sorted out, but we're here if you need anything else. Happy new year! :)

This discussion has been closed.