All vaults have data in my app on my Mac. Nothing shows up online.

Options
ckummerow
ckummerow
Community Member

I opened my 1Password family app on my Mac. I can access all of my data in all of my vaults on my Mac, iPhone X, iPad, and Apple Watch. I am going to add my wife to my family account, but whenever I go online and sign in, using the same login that I have on my app, the vaults show up, but they all show up empty. The sync record shows it is syncing regularly. How can I add logins for her once she signs up if there is nothing showing up in any vault while online? Most confusing.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ckummerow: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you are using a Primary (local) vault sync'd with iCloud on your Mac, which is in no way connected to your 1Password.com account, which would explain what you're seeing. So the first thing you'll need to do is migrate your data to your account and remove the old vault:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Then you can invite your wife to setup her own account as part of your 1Password Families plan so you can securely share vaults:

https://support.1password.com/family-sharing/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• ckummerow
    ckummerow
    Community Member
    Options

Hope this makes sense to you. I discovered that I have two accounts/master passwords, one for my app on my iMac, iPad, and iPhone, and another master password for online. No wonder nothing shows up on it. Thank you for the advice. I created a new account with the password the same as on my devices. Being paranoid, however, I did not delete the old vault when prompted. Been down that road too many times where I lose everything. So now I am OK online and on the app on my iMac. I used the QR code to connect to the new account on my iPhone, which, understandably in hindsight, doubled all entries on the phone. Sigh.... One of those days, I guess. And finally, since I know have two active Family accounts, I obviously need to get rid of the old one, the Lamplighter one. So, here are my thoughts. (When your eyes stop rolling, please try to help me get over this hump.)
    -As for the double entries on my iPhone, would it be easiest to just delete the app from my phone, re-download the app, then use the QR code to reload vaults and data?
    -As for the double accounts, is deleting that something easier at your end or my end? (Accepting all the help I can muster or beg.)

As for the 1Password app, I cannot be happier with it, having used it solo now for a long time, but when my wife finally said she wanted onboard, well, the sad story is above. And I know it is all me, not you folks. You are the best!

Happy New Year!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ckummerow: I can't roll my eyes or I might miss a detail! I'm really sorry for the confusion there. Frankly, having lost data in the past myself I can't blame you for exercising such caution. While it's certainly not a fun situation you're in, having too much data and too many accounts is way better than having too few and potentially losing something! Honestly, this is all our fault for only introducing 1Password.com memberships relatively recently and keeping the "standalone" 1Password stuff around because we don't want any of our awesome customers to be put in a bad position, having to switch when they maybe don't want to...but I'm sorry that we've put you in a bad position as a result by having, arguably, too many options. We've streamlined things a lot, but we'll continue to do so with feedback from folks like you. :blush:

In the mean time, with the additional details you've provided, I think we can come up with a solid plan here. While you're on the right track regarding starting over in the app to set it up only with your account, I definitely don't want you to lose any data either, so let's take the precaution of backing up your stuff first:

Backup your data (iOS)

Now, if you're syncing it and/or have your local (Primary) vault on other devices, that may not be necessary, but better safe than sorry.

Next, let's establish which account you have all of your 1Password data in:

https://start.1password.com/vaults/all

Sign into each, and make sure whichever one you want to continue using going forward has all of your stuff, and that you have the Emergency Kit for it.

Then you can reset the 1Password app on any devices where you want to set it up again with only the 1Password.com account you want to keep.

And finally, sign into the other 1Password account — the one you DON'T want — to delete it from your Profile page (all the way at the bottom):

https://start.1password.com/profile

If you run into trouble with any of that, it's probably best to shoot us an email at support@1password.com so we can work out the details without discussing any account information publicly. Just post the Support ID you receive here so we can take a look. :)

• ckummerow
    ckummerow
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for your understanding and patience. I am all set now. Down to one account and re-signed up for the Family Account. Sent invite to my wife. Yep, everything is coming together now. Again, thanks! And hopefully, unless I get blind-sided by some unknown gremlin, I won't need to use your support email site. But I will keep it handy, just in case!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ckummerow - great to hear! I'm glad brenty was able to help you get things straightened out. Have a great week! :)

This discussion has been closed.