Filing for NZ Blood Service

numpty
numpty
Community Member
edited January 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

hey

1password has some trouble filling on the NZBlood - nzblood.co.nz - website.
The login form has extra fields for date of birth if that makes a difference?

When using autofill, the email is left blank, the password is entered, and i get an error from the login popup saying "the value [emailaddress] is not valid for date of birth"

I've attempted to save the login manually, as well as automatically, both logins act the same way.
I figure it's some wierdness with how the form is contrstructed - but if you guys can work some magic into 1password that'd be cool.

1Password Version: 6.8.491
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Browser: Firefox 58b13

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @numpty,

I've found why we're not working and I'll discuss this with a colleague as to the best approach forward. 1Password is currently getting confused due to the presence of both a login form and registration form on the page. We have to be careful because more often than not we don't want 1Password filling a registration form and so we take pains to avoid doing so. This is tripping up the successful filling of this page at the moment though.

I believe I have a workaround though that should help here for now.

Download link for NZBlood 1PIF file

This link is to an exported Login item I've created for this site and that should work for you. Here is what you will need to do.

1. Download the 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file and save it to your Desktop or wherever is easiest to access it later.
    2. In 1Password, use the menu option 1Password > Import
    3. Click on the 1Password Interchange Format (1PIF) option.
    4. Click the Select the 1PIF File button and select the 1PIF you saved to the desktop in step 1.
    5. After a moment 1Password will import the item contained in this 1PIF file and you should have a new Login item titled Nzblood with a tag displaying the word imported and the current timestamp. Select the item and enter edit mode.
    6. Click the Web form details to reveal all the fields you care about and replace the placeholder text for each one with the real value you want 1Password to use.
    7. Save the changes.

Do you find this item works for you and correctly fills all the fields you need it to?

• numpty
    numpty
    Community Member

Hey @littlebobbytables

That works perfectly, thank you muchly :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Glad I could help :smile:

This discussion has been closed.