Generated new password and saved on site, but 1Password did not save the new password

Help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Generated new password and saved on site, but 1Password did not save the new password. Help

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @latchman,

One occasion 1Password may not recognise the page based on how the page has been designed but there is a safety net. When you use the 1Password Password Generator it creates a Password item. Most of the time you don't realise because they are deleted as soon as 1Password is sure it has fulfilled its purpose but if 1Password doesn't either create a new Login item or update an existing one then the Password item should still be present. If you look in the Passwords category from the sidebar do you see a Password item whose title matches the site you were on at the time? If you do you should be able to use that to regain access. If 1Password doesn't ask to update from the sign-in form then you may want to manually update.

Does this help at all?

• Josyban
    Josyban
    Community Member

Same issue and no the resolution did not work the password was not saved at all. I have a number of different account with MS for outlook and I choose the correct one for the new password but there is no record and the password is still the previous one.

This is a bad bug as it can be difficult on some site to reset the password.

• Hey @Josyban, I'm sorry to hear you aren't able to find the generated password. What were the exact steps you took when generating this password, and was this in 1Password X or 1Password mini? I'd like to try to reproduce things on my end.

This discussion has been closed.