Export data [can be done using desktop app]

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: export.

Comments

• nicolemparsons
    nicolemparsons
    Community Member
    Options

None of these instructions explain how to export from the app. There is no "File - Export" to select. Same with the other instructions... you cannot choose ctrl + a to select from your app. Please type out instructions.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nicolemparsons: Yes it does. Rather than typing them out again, I'll copy and paste:

1Password 6
    1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Select the items you want to export. Select multiple items by holding down the Ctrl key when clicking on them. Select all of the items by pressing Ctrl + A after clicking one of the items in the list.
    3. Right-click the selected item(s) and choose Export.
    4. Choose a format:
    Comma Delimited Text (.csv) to move data to a different app.
    Plain Text (.txt) for a readable list of your items.
    5. Enter a filename and click Save.

1Password 4
    1. Open 1Password and unlock the vault you want to export.
    2. Choose File > Export.
    3. Choose a format:
    1Password Interchange Format (.1pif) to move data to another copy of 1Password.
    Comma Delimited Text (.csv) to move Login items to a different app. Only Login items are exported in this format.
    4. Enter a filename and click Save.

It sounds like maybe you're looking at the instructions for 1Password 4, but you're using 1Password 6. That's my best guess based what little information you've given. If you're still having trouble, please be specific about what versions you're using so we can help. :)

• nicolemparsons
    nicolemparsons
    Community Member
    Options

I am in my app, version 7.0.4. Please tell me where File > Export is because I've looked everywhere.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nicolemparsons: Oh. It sounds like you're using 1Password for iOS. You've posted in a discussion about 1Password for Windows and didn't mention that. There are no export instructions for that because the mobile app does not support exporting. You'll need to sync your data to a computer and export it using the desktop app.

• nicolemparsons
    nicolemparsons
    Community Member
    Options

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nicolemparsons: Please see my reply above.

• nicolemparsons
    nicolemparsons
    Community Member
    Options

I logged into my desktop and am trying to follow directions for syncing to iCloud or Dropbox, but its just not working. This shouldn't be so difficult to export my data.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nicolemparsons Sorry for the trouble. Are you using a Mac or a PC? And prior to this conversation, were you using the 1Password app for that device? Or were you only using 1Password on your iPhone?

• nicolemparsons
    nicolemparsons
    Community Member
    Options

I have only used the app on my iPhone (ios) for many years. I couldn't get to some data, so I had to start a trial membership for some reason to get that data, so now I can access my 1password online on my PC.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nicolemparsons OK, thanks. What you'll need to do is follow these instructions to get the latest version of 1Password 6 for Windows downloaded and installed onto your PC, and sign into your 1password.com account. Once you've done that and you can see your data within the 1Password 6 for Windows app on your PC, you can use these instructions to export the data -- or the instructions brenty posted above. Let us know how that works for you!

• availionis
    availionis
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    How can I export my data from frozen 1Password account? I accidentally upgraded 1Password and did not realize it has switched to subscription service. The account got frozen when I was away on vacation with limited internet access.

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member
    Options

@availionis

Follow the instructions Lars have given you. This'll enable you to export your data.

• availionis
    availionis
    Community Member
    Options

OK. The export works only with 1Password for Windows. Not with iOS app. Thank you.

• availionis
    availionis
    Community Member
    Options

Another question. There is only *.txt and *csv options to export. Can I export data in *.1pif format?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@availionis

The export works only with 1Password for Windows.

You're quite right; that's because the previous poster had a Windows-specific question. There's really no good way to export data from an iOS device; you'll need a desktop Mac or PC to do it properly (or an Android device). Do you have 1Password running on any such device? If you have a PC, here are the instructions for exporting your data, and no, unfortunately .1pif is not an option from 1Password 6 for Windows.

I'm also a little unclear on what you mean by "upgraded 1Password and did not realize it had switched to a subscription service." If you were using 1Password as a standalone app, upgrading to a newer version of the app would not have forced you to sign up for an account.

ref: UAZ-15274-195

• availionis
    availionis
    Community Member
    Options

Well. I did upgrade. I had 1Password for a long time as a standalone version. Then I found on Apple app store new version and installed it. I paid for it. Thought that I am paying for major upgrade. It looked as an upgrade, but then I got few e-mail messages about expiration. I did not have access to my e-mail at that time. Later my account was frozen.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@availionis: Gotcha. I'm sorry for the confusion there. Since I see you've also contacted us separately via email, I'll reply there shortly so we can work out the details and close this discussion to avoid confusing back and forth.

This discussion has been closed.