Gray screen of nothing

Options
rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member
edited January 2018 in 1Password 4 for Windows

This has started in the last couple of days. Whenever I open 1p in win10, I get a gray screen. It could last for as long as 30 seconds and then sometimes 1p continues to open. Other times, I have to close and try re- open, which also results in the gray screen. I was able to open long enough to update to the latest version, but that took several attempts as the update process never completed as 1p would close and I have to start the process all over again.

I am running the latest versions of all software.

Forgot to mention that I am running win10 on a MacBook pro via Parallels.

Here is a screen shot:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rlgleason51: Yeah, I have issues like that with Parallels from time to time as well. Generally it's been a display issue, so make sure you're running the latest Parallels tools. The only way 1Password itself would be involved is if it is damaged, so installing a fresh copy from the website can help:

https://1password.com/downloads/

And running NOT in coherence mode can help with Windows display issues too. Otherwise if Windows and parallels are up to date you may have a deeper problem with the VM itself. Parallels is great, but rebuilding VMs is a lot of hours of my life I will never get back. May be worth looking into restoring from a snapshot before you started encountering this issue.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Guess I gotta start working the checklist.

• Hi @rlgleason51,

Do you often sleep/resume the VM? Parallels seems to be unstable lately for me as waking up would cause apps to be stuck with weird display glitches like non-responsive as well. Now, I just shut down and restart, I have less display issues this way.

This discussion has been closed.