Problem on Mac; 2BUA8C4S2C

Options
martindelamar
martindelamar
Community Member

Since last week I have a error when I open my Macbook; 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper wil de sleutelhanger 'lokale onderdelen' gebruiken. Then I have to fill in my password. What can I do to solve this problem?

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: Os 10.13.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@martindelamar - That's odd! It sounds as if 1Password is attempting to use a local folder; do you have sync to a local folder set up with one (or more) of your local vaults? And where is the error message coming from? Is it a system message from macOS, or from something like Little Snitch or another tool?

• martindelamar
    martindelamar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, Thanks foor your reply!
    Where can I see how if 1password sync witha local vaults?
    The error message is coming from macOS.
    I hope to hear from you soon.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@martindelamar: open Preferences > Sync and you should see a list of all local vaults and the method by which they're syncing. The options will be iCloud (for Primary only), Dropbox (for any vault) or Folder (that will be the local folder option).

• martindelamar
    martindelamar
    Community Member
    Options

I don't see the tab/button "Sync" in preferences....

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@martindelamar -- Ah, OK: you're using 1Password with just a 1password.com account. That means you don't see the Sync tab because you don't need it; sync for 1Password accounts is handled by the 1password.com service itself.

That means this is obviously not to do with any kind of local folder sync setup, so let's try this:

• On your Mac, open System Preferences, go to Security & Privacy and turn Require Password (x minutes) after sleep or screen saver begins off, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.

I'm wondering whether this might be the same issue we've seen once or twice before, where the Mac's screen-lock configuration gets corrupted (saw it here in this thread, back at the end of 2016). Let me know if that works for you.

• martindelamar
    martindelamar
    Community Member
    Options

I have seen that thread before. That solution doesn't work for me. I have tried it again...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@martindelamar - did you try Saher's suggestion about resetting the keychain (second from bottom in that thread)?

• martindelamar
    martindelamar
    Community Member
    Options

No, I did not. Now I have done it and it works!
    Thanks for your help!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @martindelamar! On behalf of Lars you are most welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.