To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cannot log into 1Password today - has something happened?

Options
audreyquimby
audreyquimby
Community Member

I logged in to 1password on Tuesday without any problem using my master code only. I logged in again this morning and it's as if my account doesn't exist any more. All of the options available to me to access my account is not working. I purchased the app through itunes in 2014 and still have my receipt. Has anything changed since Tuesday. As you can imagine this is very serious to me and terribly upsetting. It is the only place that I have stored all of my passwords for personal and work and it appears that everything is gone. What do I do? I emailed agilebits several times this morning but haven't received any useful information back from them yet.

1Password Version: v4.3.2 when purchased
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member
    Options

This sounds alarming although something isn't right here.

You've stated your 1Password version is 4.3.2 but you've posted this in the Memberships section.

If you've got a membership then you can simply login below and your data is backed up seamlessly by AgileBits.

https://my.1password.com/signin

If you've not got a membership then you'll need to find out where your 1Password data is stored on your computer and if necessary restore from a backup.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@audreyquimby: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! No matter what, we never have access to 1Password users' data, so we can't give it to you.

It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

I'll reply to you via email to get some more information, but please understand that contacting us in multiple places and sending multiple messages just pushes you to the back of the queue and slows down the support process for everyone. I'll be in touch.

ref: RTQ-34629-692

This discussion has been closed.