Primary to Personal Vault Using 1Password Teams

whardy
whardy
Community Member

There are a number of threads about moving data in Vaults, but I don't think that any of them directly address my issue.

I was a long-time 1Password user for my Mac and iOS devices. I had 1Password 4 and I used iCloud to successfully sync between my devices. Last year, I purchased 1Password team for my company, and have rolled it out to our employees as they came onboard. At that time, I did not move my Primary, standalone vault into the Personal Vault on the team, but simply continued to sync it through iCloud. It all worked fine, however. When I open 1Password on my Mac, I would see "All Vaults" at the top, and if I selected it, I see "Primary" above (here is where all of my personal 1Password 4 logins are), and I see "Personal" and "Shared" below. "Shared" contains company stuff we all share, and "Personal" is empty since I never moved anything there originally.

Now, I will be moving to a Windows PC for my work life, and I'm trying to figure out how to get all of this to sync. I have installed 1Password on my Windows machine, and I see "Shared" and "Personal" from the team account. However, it seems that the only way I will get my other information to sync will be to somehow move it from "Primary" to "Personal" and then remove the "Primary" vault on my Mac and other iOS devices. I'm fine with doing that, but the instructions for how to do that are unclear to me. I see information about "copying" the logins, but I do not see how to do that. I also wonder how I will get the old Primary vault off of iCloud to make sure I don't accidentally continue using the old vault.

Please advise. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@whardy: Ah, thanks for reaching out, and for being so specific. This should be pretty straightforward, provided I've understood you correctly.

It sounds like you want to move your data from the Primary vault on your Mac, sync'd with iCloud, to your 1Password.com account, and then remove the Primary vault and clear the data from iCloud to avoid confusion going forward. Is that correct? If so, just follow these steps:

1. In 1Password for Mac, move (or copy) your data from the Primary vault to the Personal vault
    2. Go to Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data
    3. Go to Preferences > Advanced and disable local vaults
    4. Setup 1Password with your account on your PC and other devices

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• whardy
    whardy
    Community Member

brenty,

Thanks. This worked great. Just to clarify for anyone else that reads this, you do all of this moving, copying and resetting from the client 1Password app on your Mac, not from your cloud 1Password. Also, once I did all of this, I needed to delete and reinstall 1Password on my iOS devices.

Thanks again,

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that helped! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.