How to create a login with three fields (username, last name, and password)? 1P refuses to fill it

Options

I am trying to create a login which has three fields: username, last name, and password. Is there any way I can get 1Password to comply with this? It refuses to save the login with all three fields - it will only save it with username and password. I have tried erasing the login and starting over, but the problem persists. And there doesn't seem to be a way to manually add the third field.

So what it all boils down to is, I can't use 1P to automatically fill this login whenever I log into this site. I have to copy everything over manually because 1P will not fill it.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mr. Laser Beam: 1Password can and will save all of the fields, it just doesn't have preset fields for stuff on random websites, only the standard "username" and "password" — the rest are saved in "web form details" at the bottom. Have you tried to save the login manually using the browser extension? You should be able to fill it that way:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

But certainly if you're still having trouble, let me know the URL so I can take a look! :)

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Okay, that worked.

It's very odd, really, because I was working with two different websites (both of which are operated by Hyatt Hotels). Here is the URL I was having trouble with:

https://newyork.grand.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

I could not even save the login when I tried entering my information on that site. But when I went to the site for Hyatt's reward program - a site which uses exactly the same method of logging in - I was not only able to save the login, but it actually filled it correctly. Here is that URL:

https://world.hyatt.com

I have no idea why 1P would work with one site, but not the other, when both sites use exactly the same login method. In both cases, there is a 'SIGN IN' link at the top right of the screen, and when you click on that, a popup window appears where the information is entered.

(And now that I do have the login saved correctly: In that first URL, 1P will not even fill it in at all. The login appears when I click on the 1P icon in my browser, but when I try to use that login, it won't work. However in the second URL, it will.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mr. Laser Beam: Hmm. I dont see any login form on this page:

https://newyork.grand.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

At this one, I do see the Sign In popup dealie at the top, but didn't have any trouble saving and filling a login there using 1Password:

https://world.hyatt.com

What browser version are you using?

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

Firefox 57.0.4.

And you didn't see the Sign In popup when looking at the Grand Hyatt NY's website? That's odd. I do see that popup, and it's the one that 1P won't fill. The version that's on world.hyatt.com is the one that 1P will fill.

Which is fine, really. I can always log in through world.hyatt.com, because I was finally able to get 1P to create a login for it - which I initially couldn't do, that's why I started this thread. I'm at a loss to explain why one site will work where the other won't, but that's not 1P's fault, it's Hyatt's. :p Anyway thank you for checking, it's all good now

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@Mr. Laser Beam: Ah, thanks for letting me know. It's a bit baffling overall, but that at least makes some sense, as Firefox is one I didn't try. I can see the popup dealie in Firefox. :) Also, 1Password won't fill there at all. :( We'll see if we can get that working. Glad the other will work for you in the mean time though. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

ref: opxi-61

• EbnOzn
    EbnOzn
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

I also can confirm that https://www.hyatt.com nor https://world.hyatt.com do not work either. The "Sign In" link at the top right of the screen only brings up the pop-up box to login, asking for three fields (1) World of Hyatt # or username, (2) last name, and (3) password.

Manually saving a login after filling the pop-up out results in a 1P login entry with my World of Hyatt # being saved in the 'username' field, but submitting that 1P login on either page actually results in the Last Name text box field being filled with my World of Hyatt #, and a blank field for username.

Tested on my Mac with OS X 10.12.6, Firefox ESR 52.5.3 with 1Password extension 4.6.12.90 and Safari 11.0.2 / 1Password extension 4.6.12

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EbnOzn: Thanks for chiming in! I've added that additional URL to the issue, along with my own findings from testing. I suspect that another filing strategy we have would work better here...but it does not work well with 3 or more fields. We'll see what we can do to improve this.

• izminez
    izminez
    Community Member
    Options

I am having trouble with AA.com as well. Tried these instructions and it didn't work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@izminez: I'm not sure I follow. This discussion doesn't pertain to aa.com. Can you be more specific about the trouble you're having? Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what's the URL where you need help, so that I can test it? Thanks in advance! :)

• izminez
    izminez
    Community Member
    Options

The title of this thread is "How to create a login with three fields (username, last name, and password)? 1P refuses to fill it." AA.com has a login with three fields, called username, last name, and password. And I tried the instructions you mentioned earlier and it doesn't enter correctly. The instructions worked for me with the Hyatt login page (as it did for the person above) but not AA.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @izminez,

You should find the post American Airlines workaround for 1Password 7.1 for Mac and 7.2 for Windows helps for that particular site. For the most part all that should be required is to save a Login in the browser, American Airlines has unfortunately been a problematic one for us on more than one occasion.

• absmes
    absmes
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a way to save the username, password and last name fields while creating a 1password entry for the login on an iPad? If so, how?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@absmes:

I don't believe this is possible, at least not in the simplified way that the 1Password for Mac app makes possible. In 1Password for iOS you can edit the login item with any additional field that you want, but I think you need to name those fields correctly for each website.

This discussion has been closed.