Unable to Sync Additional Vault over WLAN

Community Member

Hi all,

I own 1Password 6 for Mac (non-1password.com version) and also have 1Password on two iPhones. I have Vault "A" on iPhone "#1" and iPhone "#2". I also have Vault "B" on iPhone "#2", synced via WLAN only. I would like to sync Vault B onto iPhone #1 as well over WLAN. However, when I try to add an additional vault in iPhone #1's settings, the only option is to sync over Dropbox. How do I get Vault B onto iPhone #1?

Thank you!

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jes269 - Is vault "B" on your Mac? If not, that's the reason: you cannot use WLAN to sync between mobile devices, because it works on a server/client basis: a single Mac or PC acts as the WLAN Server (that's why the tab in 1Password for Mac preferences is called WLAN Server), which connects to any number of iOS or Android "clients" on your mobile devices.

If Vault B is on your Mac, then something else is wrong. Is the WLAN server running on your Mac?

Community Member

Yes, Vault B is on my Mac. The WLAN server is running on my Mac, and I'm able to sync with iPhone #2 over WLAN.

It seems like the problem is that iPhone #1 doesn't have a WLAN sync option for additional vaults (a general problem), rather than that Vault B isn't showing up (a specific problem).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@jes269 So, on any device, you must sync your Primary vault in order to be able to sync any secondary vaults via WLAN. We've actually got a great guide for troubleshooting WLAN sync as well as a more-general how-to on getting WLAN set up, both of which you may want to take a look at.

This discussion has been closed.