The delete vault option is greyed out, how do I change this?

Options
lhorthy
lhorthy
Community Member

While trying to solve a syncing problem today a created a new vault and I don't want to keep it as I am happier with a single vault interface. I have the primary vault selected and go to the 1Password menu and the "Delete Vault..." is greyed out.

What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Jacob
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hey @lhorthy! I’d be happy to help out with that. It sounds like there's either a second vault outside your 1Password account, or you haven't migrated your data to an account yet. Typically, deleting the Primary vault is what you'd do after migrating your data to a 1Password account. Is that what you were planning to do? If so, please follow the steps in the article I just linked to and you can delete the vault after you've done that. :)

ref: PHP-14279-329

• lhorthy
    lhorthy
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

I am not planning to set up a 1Password account because of the costs associated with doing this. I am quite happy using 1Password the way I always have and do not see any advantage of adding this feature.

I typically stay away from any software offering that has a monthly subscription as I am on a tight budget and only pay for software once when I need it as that way the value calculation is clear.

• @lhorthy Okay good to know. Is there something else I can help out with then? I hope I answered your original question, I just wasn't sure quite why you were looking to delete a vault. :)

• lhorthy
    lhorthy
    Community Member
    Options

You hadn't, but some how I was able to delete it today. Not sure what I did differently...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lhorthy - Glad you were able to get things figured out and get the vault deleted.

This discussion has been closed.