1Password extension causes Chrome to automatically re-open after quitting.

kass
kass
Community Member

Chrome keeps automatically re-opening after I quit it. I tried disabling all extensions. Problem solved. Turned them back on one at a time and discovered that 1Password is the culprit. If it's enabled, Chrome automatically restarts after quitting. If it's disabled, the problem is gone. This happens on both of my computers (both running the same versions and OS)

Please advise.

1Password Version: 6.8.5 (685004)
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:chrome re open

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@kass: Hmm, that's a new one. Thanks for getting in touch! Have you tried removing the 1Password extension and installing a fresh copy?

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

If you're having the same problem, it sounds like something on your system may be invoking 1Password's URL scheme. Do you have Chrome set as your default browser? When Chrome opens like this, what page is it opening to? Thanks in a advance! :)

• kass
    kass
    Community Member

Thanks for your response, @brenty. I tried removing and reinstalling the chrome extension and the problem persists. Chrome is my default browser. When I quit Chrome, it takes longer than usual compared with other apps. It then reopens with whatever tabs were open when I quit. If no tabs were open, it opens with Google's search page, which I believe is Chrome's default. If I keep quitting Chrome, eventually it'll take, usually after about 3 or 4 tries. The very odd thing is that it's happening on both of my computers!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kass - that's likely because you've got the same Chrome profile on both computers (correct me if I'm wrong). To help test that theory, I'd like to you to create a new Chrome profile and install only the 1Password extension into this new profile. Then see if you get the same issue. Let us know what you discover!

• kass
    kass
    Community Member

@Lars I created a new Chrome profile with only 1Password installed and the problem persists. Any ideas?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@kass: I've seen some weird stuff with Chrome, but mostly on Windows (like locking the session, so you have to sign into your user account again...) But yeah, I've never heard of this before.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: JLD-56219-468

This discussion has been closed.