1Password on Mac not Syncing

Options
mordechaivanunu
mordechaivanunu
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Mac

Hi
I have 1password on IOS devices and Mac OSX computer (10.13.1) problem is I changed one of my login passwords on IOS device however the same login on Mac has the old password, without cutting and pasting new passwords it will not update information. Obviously, this a great inconvenience to say the least. Hope you can help? I have a 1password account at present

PS I do not see a sync tab on either my Mac or IOS devices

I want to go to an icloud based account as well (cancelling 1password subscription)

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mordechaivanunu: Thanks for getting in touch! It sounds like you're not syncing your data between devices. Do you have a 1Password.com membership now? If so, are you signed into it on both devices? Otherwise, you'll need to use another sync method. You didn't include many details in your post, so please let me know the OS and 1Password versions you're using on each device. if you open 1Password for iOS, do you see the password there? How about if you sign into 1Password.com in your web browser? Thanks in advance! :)

• mordechaivanunu
    mordechaivanunu
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    I did have a 1password membership which I have now cancelled, have managed to set up sync to icloud on my Mac (ipad syncs with Mac added data, but not vice versa) but am unable to do this on iPhone/iPad. (cannot even see 1password icon in the top left of the screen as shown in your help as in "Tap the 1Password icon in the top left corner and select your Primary vault."). There is no sync tab in settings etc I have version 7.0.5 on ipad and 6.8.8 on Mac.

Thank

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There is no sync tab in settings etc I have version 7.0.5 on ipad and 6.8.8 on Mac.

@mordechaivanunu: Then you set it up with only a 1Password.com account, which has no sync settings. You can reset the app and use iCloud instead though. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mordechaivanunu
    mordechaivanunu
    Community Member
    Options

So will I lose all my passwords?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mordechaivanunu: It doesn't sound like. Don't you have your 1Password data in iCloud? Worst case scenario, resetting the app will create a new backup, so you could restore from that if needed. But where you have your data stored isn't something I can tell you.

This discussion has been closed.