Couple questions about Rich Icons

Options
BasilFawlty
BasilFawlty
Community Member

I did a search and found some info on Rich Icons, but still a little fuzzy and have a couple questions.

1. Are Rich Icons for logins images that are pulled from their website, or is it pulled from a database you all maintain?
  2. Is the Rich Icon the same as the favicon or is it a different file on a web server?
  3. For software (like in the Software License section), do those Rich Icons also come from the publisher's web site or it it embedded in the software itself?
  4. Lastly, I have been running an auto-related discussion forum for many years. If I wanted to have a Rich Icon associated with my own site (dedicated server) how would I do that?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Are Rich Icons for logins images that are pulled from their website, or is it pulled from a database you all maintain?

@BasilFawlty: We have a database of Rich Icons which the apps pull from. :)

Is the Rich Icon the same as the favicon or is it a different file on a web server?

It's definitely different. Just grab a favicon from a website and add it to an item in 1Password. Actually don't. You cannot unsee that horror!

For software (like in the Software License section), do those Rich Icons also come from the publisher's web site or it it embedded in the software itself?

1Password for Mac pulls them directly from apps in your Applications folder, since those icons are SWEET.

Lastly, I have been running an auto-related discussion forum for many years. If I wanted to have a Rich Icon associated with my own site (dedicated server) how would I do that?

I can't make any promises, but if you submit the URL and icon to us we can probably add it. :)

• BasilFawlty
    BasilFawlty
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.