have 1PW Acct and it installed on one Computer, Want to install it on a second computer, how?

kpfirrm
kpfirrm
Community Member

I have a 1Password Account and Password installed on one Mac computer. I have a second Mac computer that I want to install 1Password on and I want all of the information in 1Password to stay synced between the computers. How do I install it one my second computer to make sure the Primary vaults are the same?

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: Mac OSX High Sierra
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:have 1PW Acct and it installed on one Computer, Want to install it on a second computer, how?

Comments

• kpfirrm
    kpfirrm
    Community Member

Problem solved. Just deleted all of my previous work to install on my second computer, reinstalled a new version of the app from the App Store, signed into my account, and everything appears to be there. Easy.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @kpfirrm! I'm glad you were able to figure things out and get yourself squared away before we even had a chance to say hi, but I want to make sure you're OK moving forward.

If you have a 1password.com account, you should NOT (necessarily) have a Primary vault on your device unless you specifically want one. The reason is that a vault called Primary is not part of your 1password.com account, and will not be synced across your devices. It's a local (standalone) vault.

For people who don't have a 1password.com account and want to use 1Password in standalone mode, "Primary" is the name default vault they create when they first set up 1Password on any device. If you go (in 1Password) to Preferences > Vaults and you see a vault called Primary, you'll probably want to remove it.

This discussion has been closed.