I can't delete 1Password on my MAc

johnmichaelsaylor
johnmichaelsaylor
Community Member

I'm trying to migrate my data from my MAcAir to a new Mac and 1Password won;t quit and let me do it - I can't even restart my computer becasue 1Passwrod won't quit!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't quit 1password on my MAc!

Comments

• johnmichaelsaylor
    johnmichaelsaylor
    Community Member

I just have a small dialog box that says "connecting to 1PAssword Mini" I don;'teven use 1PAssword I had a trial that expired

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@johnmichaelsaylor Sorry for the trouble! It sounds as if you haven't quit 1Password fully. To do so, you'll want to find 1Password in your Applications folder, launch it by double-clicking on it, and then Quit 1Password and the mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). You should then delete 1Password by dragging it to your Mac's trash. Once that's done, you shouldn't have any further issues.

ref: WKH-79282-835

• johnmichaelsaylor
    johnmichaelsaylor
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

I click on the 1password 6.app in my applciations folder and all I get is a box that says "connecting to 1Password mini" and nothing happens?? nThe applicaiton won;t quit

• johnmichaelsaylor
    johnmichaelsaylor
    Community Member

The application won't quit and there is no 1Password mini app on y computer??

• johnmichaelsaylor
    johnmichaelsaylor
    Community Member

I click on the 1password 6.app in my applciations folder and all I get is a box that says "connecting to 1Password mini" and nothing happens?? I drag the application to trash and try to delete it but it says it can't be deleted becasue it is open. But I can't close it to delete it .

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@johnmichaelsaylor - Open the Activity Monitor in your Utilities folder, within your Applications folder. Set it to All Processes, then enter 1Password in the search bar. Close any processes associated with 1Password. That should take care of it. If it doesn't, try holding down the power key on your MBA until it turns off, then restart it while holding down the shift key. This will boot it into Safe Mode; once you get past the startup process you can restart normally.

However, I'd be concerned about both the state of 1Password on your current MBA as well as how you're trying to migrate the data. If you're having problems like this on the MBA, I'm not sure I'd want to use something like Migration Assistant to mirror everything on the new Mac, else you may just be importing the same troubles. Your choice, of course, but if you're syncing your data via Dropbox or iCloud, I might consider just skipping the import of 1Password and download it fresh on the new Mac, then import your data via sync.

This discussion has been closed.